YES.... and I mean YES!!!! We finally did it. Over Labor Day weekend we didn't do anything fun or crazy. In fact we never left the house. Why? you ask. Because we spent that 3 day weekend potty training. And really it was more physically draining for me than for Drew.
I read a book about potty training in a day. It took us 2 days but we got the hang of it. I use the term "read" very loosely, because mostly I just skimmed over the major points.
So, believe ti or not we had a Potty Party at our house and invited the cousins and the Fishers over to celebrate the big event. Drew laughed and acted embarrassed but all day that was all he could talk about was that he was going to have cake and ice cream at his potty party.
It worked so well that the next day when he woke up and went to the potty, he looked at me and said," Mom, do you know what?" and I replied ,"What?". Then he proceeded to tell me that because he went tee-tee on the potty he was going to have another potty party that night. I then brok the news taht we were only having the one party but he was still pumped about getting a special treat so that helped him cope.
Whew! Now only one in diapers. Short update on Brooklyn- We had her 6 month photos taken at Family photo last weekend. They turned out so cute and I can't wait to share them.
Will post some pics later today with the latest from the Cox Conformists!
Congrats on the Potty training! Wish we could have been there for the party :)
ReplyDelete